It is currently March 29th, 2024, 1:04 pm

Post subject: Edit Subject Only.
PostPosted: February 7th, 2020, 4:22 pm 

Hi.

Is there any way to edit subject of multiple posts at once ? or remove the subject on multiple posts at once?

I ask because many of my subjects are incorrect after editing posts and I want to correct them with the first line of the message or completely remove them.

Just like there is a way to edit multiple posts message with the same text at once.

Post subject: Re: Edit Subject Only
PostPosted: February 7th, 2020, 4:29 pm 

Maybe in the Replace Text options ... Regex in Subject ... I just dont know the syntax for removing everything with regex.

Post subject: Re: Edit Subject Only
PostPosted: February 7th, 2020, 5:06 pm 
Site Admin

You can do the same as "Edit multiple posts message with the same text at once."

Just select all needed posts -> enter new subject in the subject field -> press on "Edit subject for all posts" button (it's near the subject field on the left, hover the mouse for tool-tips if needed).

The subject can't be empty. Forums / blogs don't allow empty subjects and would just show error when editing.

You could also use "Replace text" feature to search in subjects and correct them or at least remove some bad words (but it should not be left empty).

Post subject: Re: Edit Subject Only.
PostPosted: February 7th, 2020, 8:05 pm 

I need to use the first line in the message as subject. I think TP is using first line as subject.

TM will also add first line as subject (if subject is empty) if I use replace posts with new posts from txt file but I prefer to find a way for TM to just edit the needed posts and put the first line in subject.

Its because the subject is not the same as the first line in some of the messages because I already replaced multiple messages from txt once and that txt did not have subject etc so the message is left with the old subject.

Post subject: Re: Edit Subject Only.
PostPosted: February 8th, 2020, 8:07 am 
Site Admin

I don't think there is a super fast way.

You could do it like this:
* in "POSTS" tab -> select needed posts -> save those posts to .txt file (you can choose to save to single file) -> then edit that file and add <new-subject> tag for each post (basically just copy paste first line and surround with <new-subject>SUBJECT</new-subject>

* Then use "Replace posts with new posts from .txt": http://manager.themasoftware.com/faq.php?expand=faq403

Just load that .txt file it will match them by subject and when editing will use the new subject, there is an option to search in all websites for the same posts.