It is currently April 28th, 2024, 11:56 pm

Post subject: Add search option "Search only: with ignored links".
PostPosted: March 10th, 2016, 9:07 pm 

Hello,

it's already possible to find posts with and without dead links. An option to search for posts with ignored links would also come in handy.

I often ignore links just to get rid of them in links window and want to work on the later. Bad thing about this is that there's no easy way to find those posts again later ;-)

Wurstmu

Post subject: Re: Add search option "Search only: with ignored links"
PostPosted: March 11th, 2016, 11:38 am 
Site Admin

Hi,

this would find all posts with ignored links (even those which you already dealt with since you still you probably still have those in ignored links) and would take a long time to find when you have a lot of posts.

You could do this:
* Go to "HOSTS" -> "Ignored links" tab -> select any URL and click on "Copy URL" button.
* In "POSTS" -> use the search button -> paste that link and choose to search in message text. That would find the post with that link.

It would probably be better to leave the links in "STATUS" -> "LINKS" table. Why would you want to ignore them if you want to replace them, but didn't replaced them yet? That kinda doesn't make sense as well. You will also know which links are still need replacing since you will have them in the table.

Remove them from the table after you replaced them.

Also you can (and should) replace dead links from "STATUS" -> "LINKS" table (there is no need to go to "POSTS" tab).

Moreover ignoring links which you actually want to replace might decrease performance later since program will need to check each link in all those ignored links (which didn't really needed to be ignored).

PostPosted: March 11th, 2016, 1:46 pm 

Hello freddy,

I see your point and your answer actually showed me I'm just working around a problem with means that were not meant for that purpose. So I have to revise my suggestion :-)

The problem is I have posts that aren't top priority and need some time to be reworked and posts that need to get new links quickly. If you have a few more links to look after the links view as it is can get clogged up easily.

There is the filter field, yes but I'd really need something to hide some of the rows for a time or by another filter, just like tags in TP's posts list.

I can explain more if you're willing to discuss this matter at all. Fact is I really have problems to keep the list clean and easily to work with and I'd really appreciate if we could think of a possible solution together.

Wurstmu

PostPosted: March 11th, 2016, 2:44 pm 
Site Admin

Might add a way to mark / flag links (rows) as "important" and filter only with "important" flag or without.

Will think about it more when working on themaManager.

PostPosted: August 26th, 2016, 8:57 am 
Site Admin

1.25:
* Added new right option in "STATUS" -> "LINKS" -> "Mark / Unmark as important". Links marked as important will have darker red background and you can filter them with special terms: "with important" or "without important".