It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:53 pm

Post subject: Abort button for edits.
PostPosted: September 4th, 2015, 10:36 pm 

Abort button (can select many queued edits and abort them for editing later)
When a lot of edits (over 1000) are in queue, there are some forums that are either down, getting DDOSed, or have really slow database so the edits take a very long time or just time out, and it delays the other forums from getting edited for hours. Seriously, one slow forum can delay the whole editing process for 3-5 hours if I have thousands of edits in queue.
So I want to abort the edits for the slow forums and let themanager process the edits for the other forums first. And when the other forums are finished, I can retry the aborted edits.
And is it possible to make themanager do edits faster? I think themanager edits only 2-3 forums simultaneously. Is there a reason it's limited to only 2-3 forums?

Retry(Edit Again) button. This is unrelated to the abort button.
I found that some forums have buggy database so the edits don't actually get saved but themanager thinks the edit was successful. Sometimes the post has to be edited 2-3 times before the forum actually saves it.
So I want to be able to select green statuses (successful edits) and press a button that will repeat the same edits.

Post subject: Re: Abort button for edits.
PostPosted: September 5th, 2015, 9:08 am 
Site Admin

Might add the abort button.

Quote:
I think themanager edits only 2-3 forums simultaneously. Is there a reason it's limited to only 2-3 forums?

By default it edits 20 forums at the same time. Processes limit can be set in "Options" -> "General".

I would not recommend setting it too high, or you might see some CPU / RAM problems.

Quote:
I found that some forums have buggy database so the edits don't actually get saved but themanager thinks the edit was successful. Sometimes the post has to be edited 2-3 times before the forum actually saves it.
So I want to be able to select green statuses (successful edits) and press a button that will repeat the same edits.

This sounds like a bug. Please report here: viewforum.php?f=19

Also upload the success file from "files/success" for that incorrectly shown status. It would help me a lot.

PostPosted: September 5th, 2015, 5:22 pm 

I already have the processes limit set at 50. I have a really good computer so it's not a problem.
But I don't see themamanager edit more than 2-3 forums at the same time.
If I have like 1000 edits in queue, 100 edits each for 10 forums, then themamanger only edits 2-3 forums and the other forums are in queue with no edits.

PostPosted: September 5th, 2015, 8:51 pm 
Site Admin

Actually, yeah, this is how it's done at the moment. You probably have in queue 50 edits for the same forum and after that other forums. So it acts like this now.

I see what's wrong in code.

Might need to change it a bit.

PostPosted: September 8th, 2015, 8:52 am 

Quote:

Quote:
This sounds like a bug. Please report here: viewforum.php?f=19

Also upload the success file from "files/success" for that incorrectly shown status. It would help me a lot.

You can forget about this. It was just one vbulletin forum that was doing it, and it's not doing it anymore. I guess they fixed their forum.
I don't think it was a bug with themamanager because the problem happened even when editing manually. I would manually edit the post (using browser), save it. Looks like it was successful, but when I refresh the post, the edit didn't actually happen. I had to edit it 2-3 times then it would finally save.

PostPosted: September 8th, 2015, 10:01 am 
Site Admin

Ok.

* Added abort button for edit statuses.