It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:00 pm

Post subject: Posts' background colors not updated properly?
PostPosted: May 27th, 2015, 10:09 am 

Hello,

I'm really not sure if this is a bug or me misunderstanding behaviour of TM, posted in Questions therefore.

I encounter some unpredictable behaviour with BG-colors of posts. What I did was the following:

1. Made a post in two forums with TP. Posts were made in TM- and TP-testing-forums on this site.
  2. In TM all looked fine; both posts were fetched and given no BG color as expected.
  3. Both posts contained a link. I deleted the file from the hoster and initiated a re-check on status / links in TM
  4. Entry about dead link appears on status / links in TM as expected
  5. Both posts are marked orange in TM after the check as expected
  6. I replace the links with "replace text" feature. Why? I want to replace groups of links, not single links. Therefore the single link in my test posts here stands for a group of links.
  7. The link is actually replaced in all posts as expected. Great!
  8. Background colors aren't changed. Posts stay orange until an automatic or a manual check is made - this is documented in the FAQ, as it says colors will change only if you use "ignore links" or "replace links" - and I didn't ;-)
  9. Replaced the dead link with a working link, again by "replace text."
  10. Link is replaced in all posts. Great!
  11. Now behaviour can get weird. After a recheck one post gets green background, the other stays orange. Link is there and working in both posts!
  12. Re-check on status / links in TM won't fix this. In some cases (not all!) it helped to view another website in the list or another post and then go back to the first - looked just like a screen refresh problem. What did help in all cases I encountered this was a manual refresh of the single posts with the button "check links" in post viewer. As this is only for a single post it's not really a good workaround. Further testing is hard for me as the program does not allow me to do a re-check at all times (for good reason, agreed!)
  13. Green background color stays on the post and is not removable. It looks like it is the default color for posts with working links while posts without configured host links stay colorless. But this doesn't match with my observation under 2.) Is this really wanted behaviour?

My first suggestion to work around the checking feature is to re-check links even after a text edit - it has good reason since a simple text edit can actually break links up if you're not careful. Or maybe the user can decide if TM should do this, maybe as global option and just for a single edit.

Wurstmu

Post subject: Re: Posts' background colors not updated properly?
PostPosted: May 27th, 2015, 11:01 am 
Site Admin

Hi,

will make some tests.

Green background is actually just edited post anytime in the past from program, however if it has a dead link a red color has higher priority. Green is not removed ever. You could only remove it by marking post with own color (or white).

On 11 it should have been green (since they were edited) if the links are working.

PostPosted: May 27th, 2015, 11:19 am 

Just a few minutes before it happened again, now at point 5. Only ONE of the two posts changed color from green to orange after I deleted the file and did a "global recheck" Clicking around in the lists won't help here, it stays like this. Confusing :-)

Screenies attached.

Wurstmu

Attachments:
orange.JPG
orange.JPG [ 48.17 KiB | Viewed 3348 times ]
green.JPG
green.JPG [ 32.44 KiB | Viewed 3348 times ]
PostPosted: May 27th, 2015, 11:58 am 
Site Admin

Might be a small bug. Will take a look.

PostPosted: June 16th, 2015, 9:47 am 
Site Admin

Made small improvements for 1.11